Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Ninjas and Succulents...CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge #224, Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge~Succulents, Just Us Girls Challenge #396~Die-cuts

Hello,

So, it's 27C here (which is blazing hot for us...or rather, me) and I'm editing (one of my side gigs) a paper on the effects of global warming on glaciers in the Canadian Rockies (where I live). Hmmmm....

Anyway, taking a break from the reading to share two cards for CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge #224.


I'm well aware that my images are wayyyyyy bigger than those in the sketch, but if we're talking about the inspiration factor, that's totally 100%!  Love the trio of images, open to interpretation, and the sentiment placement. I think this may become a 'go to' sketch for a bunch more cards....

Here's my first ..guess who's getting this one? Yes, Mr. Nephew,who has, indeed, snuck (run, tumbled, giggled, wriggled...) his way into my heart! I'm sharing this at Cards in Envy~You're the Man challenge, even though my special guy is but 5 *grin* He's my little man!


NOTE:  Honoured and thrilled to be selected as In the Mailbox favourites at Cards in Envy.  Thank you sooooo much, Karen and Kristie!

A second one...for Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge~Succulents


Yes, big ol' images again, but I do love my cacti! As for my water-colouring...oh well. Still trying....


I have more succulent images to play with and I will, once I wrap up reading about the effects of climate change on glaciers (and yes, I believe global warming is real...and its powerful. And that's as political as I'll get *grin*)

Also sharing at:

Cards in Envy~You're the Man Challenge

Just Us Girls Challenge #396~Die-cuts


Crazy 4 Challenges #388~Repeat (three ninjas; three succulents...)

Thank you for dropping in today; your visit brings me joy! 




8 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Both fabulous Carol love those ninjas and the speckled background. Those succulents are coloured perfectly!! I have so much to catch up on with your blog, you create so many beautiful cards my friend.

Leigh Penner said...

Super fun take on the sketch, Carol! I love it! And your take on the inspiration photo is wonderful, too!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Adorable ninjas and I love your use of the color challenge with the die cuts thanks for joining in at JUGS

Trina P. said...

Love your ninja card. I just bought that set and will be making a birthday card for my nephew with it. So cute!

Geri said...

...and just had to scroll down a wee bit more and found these two cutie patootie creations! Love 'em both!

Annie S. said...

Awesome background and I'm lovin' those little ninjas! They'll maybe have to go on my wish list :) Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy! Annie

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful take on the sketch with those little ninjas!

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

Adorable ninjas! Perfect masculine card! Thank you for joining us at Cards in Envy! ~ Marilyn