Friday, June 2, 2017

Happy Birthday Tag...Tag, You're It Challenge #72


Hello,

Oh my stars! How did it come to be JUNE so quickly? Speaking of quickly...our May Tag, You're It Challenge, now in a monthly format, has closed - with a plethora of fabulous entries! - and we're ready to launch summer with our June Tag, You're It Challenge #72.  Our TAG-spiration hostess for this month (aka: Guest Featured Artist) is the wonderfully talented and incredibly sweet Lindsey Larsen, who blogs at Occasional Crafting and designs for Where Creativity Meets C9 and The 12 Kits of Occasions. She's designed a lovely shaped, floral, blue/white/gold tag for us...and oh, the possibilities!



Lindsey's diamond-delight inspired me to create shaped tag, using a comparable palette.  As a nod to her die cut flowers, I stamped a MF roses all over background on both the white (in Summer Sky memento ink) and the blue (in versamark) cardstock.  Hard to see, but a close up will prove it true *grin* A gold (so dang difficult to photograph, that shimmer paper)  PTI Shaped Sayings sentiment and...ta dahhhh...


Anja and Donna are joining me this week; please stop by to see their fantastic translations of Lindsey's tags. Dazzle guaranteed!

You have a month to play along, with inspiration coming from the rest of the team over the next four weeks. Plenty of time to get your tag-making mojo moving!

See you in the gallery!

 Thank you for dropping by; your visit is both welcomed and deeply appreciated!



10 comments:

Geri said...

GREAT interpretation of the challenge tag! I love the shape of your tag and the cool sentiment!

Tip for photographing shiny paper...hold up the same colored sheet beside your camera so that the papers 'reflect' back at each...the gold will stay gold! Can be a bit tricky holding the reflecting paper in the right spot while holding the camera!

Lindsey said...

Thanks so much for your sweet words! I love that you created a shaped tag! It's so exciting to see your interpretation...the detail of the stamped flowers is beautiful. Love this!

Patti said...

Dear Carol : ) there seems to be no end to your creativity and sweetness!! I think your tag is great! and a perfect take on the challenge!!

Sorry to be so MIA these days but I think of you often and as I scroll through your blog miss you more than I did before!

Have a great weekend friend.

Patti

Kim Heggins said...

Simply beautiful tag...love your sweet circle and that gorgeous gold happy birthday. So perfect!

Brenda said...

I love your take on the other tag Carol! It's is so beautiful and yes I can see the beautiful flowers you stamped on the background! Every elegant tag I might add. Hugs, Brenda

I Card Everyone said...

I see it!! You were not telling stories! LOve that nearly not there look about this darling tag - and that hard to photograph gold foil is pretty even when being difficult! xx
=]

Aileen said...

Beautiful tag Carol. Love your colour choices and the faint stamping and of course the gold foil sentiment. I really need to sort myself out and get one done too.

Darnell said...

Lindsey's tag is utterly gorgeous, but WOW, Carol, so is yours! You made a stunning tag!! Hugs, Darnell

Bobby said...

Your tag is fabulous, Carol. I love that wavy circle. I'm still trying to figure out what to do for mine.

anja curvers said...

Such a fabulous tag Carol love it.