Monday, September 26, 2016

Thank You and Beautiful Day...Inspired by all the Little Things Challenge #25, Altenew Ultimate Challenge Blog Hop, AAA Cards Game #74~Masking

Hello!

Hope your Monday is unfolding beautifully.  Today, we're basking in the warm of sunshine, with just a hint of autumn crispness in the breeze. A truly pretty fall day....

Today, I'm sharing to cards - or more specifically, two versions of the same card - for Inspired by all the Little Things Challenge #25

I've had Altenew's Peony Bouquet sitting in the 'use me please' basket for a while..and this photo provided incentive to do so.  The debut of my peony sees masking, a lot of stamping, and a smattering of splatters (which are faux splatters because I'm totally smitten with splatter stamps of late...as you have likely guessed by now):

The first card was the 'trial', with the outline images stamped in blank ink to make adding layers a bit easier to navigate. I hadn't originally intended to showcase it, but...after seeing it turn out quite well, I figured why not?

The second is the 'no line' result...which is what I was aiming for...


NOTE: Honoured and delighted to be selected as an Inspiring Standout over at Inspired by all the Little Things. THANK YOU, Tracey!

I drew inspiration from the 'layers' and colour of the photo's bloom, as well as the hint of purple  in the lower right. Another Altenew set that I adore!!

Also sharing at:


AAA Cards Game #74~Masking


Thank you for spending part of your day with me; your visit brings me joy!



16 comments:

Carole said...

Oh Carol...these are both stunning...absolutely...and I have just acquired this stamp set...still pristine...you have inspired me...but I like both your cards so now I don't know whether I will go ...outline...or not? Will let you know!! Loving those splatters too! You are really in the groove!! Enjoy your week, thanks for popping by my blog...see you again soon xx

Jeanne said...

Wow! How pretty is that first card. I'm blown away that this is a practice run! I'm so glad you shared it. Such a lovely card. And the second one. Double wow! Gorgeous comes to mind. I'm too scared most of the time to splatter with a paintbrush, but maybe with a splatter stamp I'd be less Nervous Nelly. Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring!! Hugs! :)

KimCreate said...

Very pretty card. Thanks for joining Inspired by all the little Things. Kim

Vicki Dutcher said...

Both cards are beautiful! Well done~ Your "splatters" work for Mod Squad challenge too. You have 2 hours to get it uploaded. https://modsquadchallenge.blogspot.com/2016/09/celebrate-your-inner-splat.html

Shelly said...

Oooh, these are gorgeous!

Tracey McNeely said...

Well both versions are gorgeous Carol as your cards always are. I am so pleased to see your no line version, something I have not even attempted even in my mind! Thank you so much for sharing these with us at Inspired By All the Little Things this week!

Coralynn Murray said...

Such beautiful cards. Your colours are soft and elegant and your masking is perfect. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Peanut said...

WOW! These cards are lovely, Carol. LOVE both versions. The no-line version has a soft dreamy feel about it. The lines version just pops with beauty. Great job, my friend. Sorry being absent for so long. Work seems to be eating into my crafty time ... so annoying when that happens! Hope allis well with you.
hugs Asha

Jen W. said...

I love seeing how you can use the same stamps to create two totally different cards. Both of these are beauties but I'm especially in awe of the no-line one. So soft and pretty!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

You can't beat those Altenew blooms for sheer elegance and wonderful multi-layer stamping Carol. Love your designs here, perfect masking and such feminine subtle colours. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards this week. Sarah

Greta said...

Both are lovely, Carol!

Joyce said...

Both versions of this card are stunning.

Leigh Penner said...

These are both beautiful, Carol! I hope you have a great weekend!
By the way, I'm not ignoring you.... I'm printing up something for Sage's party tomorrow and thought I'd comment on your blog while it prints. Off to get ready.... but I will reply to your email ASAP, sweet friend!

Bobby said...

So much gorgeousness I can hardly stand it, Carol. I don't know which version I like better but I have this set (I love it too) and will try both ways myself.

Debbie said...

lovely - how did you do the "no line " second card - truely lovely and congrats on your win

Rose said...

Both very lovely cards Carol! So glad to see one was chosen as an Inspiring Standout!