Wednesday, April 27, 2016

You are my Sunshine x 2...CAS(E) this Sketch #169, Little Tangles Challenge #67~Die-Cutting, Simon Says Wednesday Challenge~Anything Goes, Tuesday Throwdown #291~Anything Goes, Words 2 Craft By~April Suns and April Shadows

Hello!

Okay, how did it get to be Wednesday evening so quickly? More important, how is it that April is rapidly coming to a close? I need time to sloooowwwww down!

Speaking of being slow: pick me! Again! I'm dashing in with a card I made earlier today -  crafting therapy required after my 'long day at the office' - and one made some other day. Can't remember (see...time goes so fast my thinking can't keep up!).  The "when" doesn't matter, but the "who for" does...and these are heading to the two little *sunshines* in my life, Ms. Niece and Mr. Nephew.

My first card was inspired by CAS(E) this Sketch #169, which had me 'nearly' not playing until some new Neat & Tangled goodies (a very small order of three must haves) arrived yesterday. Timely, right!


Of course, new N&T also means heading over to Little Tangles Challenge #67~Die-Cutting
Here they are...more rainbows and sunshine...


NOTE: Thrilled and honoured to be selected as a CTS #169 Favourite. THANK YOU!!

NOTE: Doubly thrilled to be Noticed by Neat and Tangled! THANK YOU! 



NOTE: Incredibly thrilled to be the Challenge Winner at Words 2 Craft By


Anything Goes over at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge, so I'm making an appearance in their gallery,

/as well as at Tuesday Throwdown #291, with the same theme.  Words 2 Craft By is inviting us to join in their April Suns and April Shadows challenge, so I'm bringing my suns over to their place.

Thanks so much for spending time with me today; your visit brings me immense joy!


29 comments:

Joyce said...

Oh, gosh. I just had to catch my breath. These are both so very wonderful, and DO NOT make me choose a favorite, because I will choose both of them.

Marisa said...

Love these!! ADORE the rainbow of colours with the sun!!

Petra Swart said...

Both of these are simply stunning, Carol!!! Love the cheerful rainbow colours and the happy sun!!!!! A great take on the sketch and really lovely!!!
Hugz

paperkicks said...

What sweet cards for your niece and nephew! Love the 'rainbows' and sentiment!!

Jeanne said...

Oh but these sure do make me smile really big, Carol! How bright and fun and happy they are! I am awed that you are able to create after a long day at the office. Wish I could!! :) Miss Niece and Mr. Nephew will likely squeal with delight upon receiving these lovelies! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Susanne Vargas said...

Your sunny rainbow cards just made my morning a little brighter!

*Vicki* said...

Oh how cute and happy are these creations today!! I just love the rainbow colors behind that bright and beautiful sun you've popped out too!! I love them both!! :) Thanks for sharing!

Leigh Penner said...

I know what you mean about being surprised it's the end of April already. Jonah said something to me this morning about coupons expiring soon... I checked them and they're good until the end of May and told him this. He said: "That's a month away." And I said: "Oh, right, I guess it is the end of April already...." This month went by so fast! LOL!
Well, my friend, your cards are both super sweet and I love your fun take on the sketch! I hope you're doing well!

I Card Everyone said...

I see exactly why these MUST HAVES were on that list, c... the kids will love them ... and so do I!!! Fabulous addition to our CTS gallery, thanks!
=]

Sybrina K said...

These two cards are absolutely beautiful! I love how you interpreted the sketch with rainbows, and your rainbows are so creatively created. Thanks so much for joining us at Words 2 Craft By. :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Carol I love your rainbow and sunshine! So fabulous and cheery!

Jeanne J. said...

Fresh and clean - fills me with happy thoughts of a brand new box of crayons in every color of the rainbow! Wonderful!

Hannelie said...

I just fell in love. Instantly Carol!
This is fantastic!
Thanks for joining us at CAS(e) this sketch!

Shelly said...

Oooh, these are AWESOME!!
Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles! :)

Geri said...

Rainbow bright...rainbow delight! Love these two creations - made me smile all over my face!

Happy Dance said...

Awwww!! Mr. C. and Ms. T. are going to love these rainbow bright cards! They are so darn sweet. Love the different/same sentiments on these darlings. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Miss you. Bev

Vijaylaxmi Siyal said...

OMG Carol...Both cards are awesome ..so bright n cheerful,...First time here and loved all your creations :) Happy to follow you dear :)

Darnell said...

Your sunshine rainbow cards will be a big hit, Carol! They are so, so happy!! Congratulations on the well-deserved recognition from CTS!! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

So cute, Carol! Glad you joined us at W2CB!

Mimi said...

These are so bright and cheerful! I love them, and your little peeps will, too! :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Glad you got you goodies just in time to surprise us with those two pretty card! Gorgeous rainbow sunny cards - they will love them!

Anita in France said...

Sunshine and rainbows, Carol ... how delicious ... lovely happy cards to send over to the littles! Hugs, Anita :)

Taunya Butler said...

SO thrilled to see these happy, bright, rainbow-y and sunshine-y cards!! Love the way you styled them and obviously the folks over at CTS loved it too!! You are a marvel and I love seeing you get picked for your gorgeous cards!!!

Kim said...

Beautiful card! I love the background and CAS style. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous sunshine cards.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

maria f. said...

Well get thrilled again, lady. You were spotted on NT too! Love that card!

Sybrina K said...

Carol, Congratulations! Your rainbow won our hearts -- and the challenge -- at Words 2 Craft By! We'd love for you to join us as a Guest I-Teamer for a future challenge. Please e-mail me cards[dot]by[dot]sybrina[at]gmial[dot]com. :)

Barb Ghig said...

CONGRATS on all the accolades you received on these two fabulous cards, Carol! I love your rainbow of colors, and the sunshine die is so fun! You really knocked it outta the park this time, girl!!!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Hi long lost friend! I guess I am the long lost friend. Life has been very nutty for me lately. I have been keeping up with your beauteous cards, but not on my commenting. I could not help but to comment here. These are FABULOUS! I love them both. So simple, yet they really pack a punch. Love them both. Hope to get back to normal soon. lol. What is that??