Friday, August 28, 2015

Starry and Flamingo Smiles...Tag You're It Challenge #29

Hello,

TGIF! I don't say that very often, but today, much 'thank goodness' is happening: end of the first week of work, heading to visit my family (excitement galore!) and the pleasure, for the first time of being your hostess at Tag You're It Challenge #29!  It's a big difficult to see, but my card is embossed with the Winnie & Walter multifaceted die, which I inked slightly in pink. The stars (Chameleon coloured in pink) and the smile die cut are also W&W; the tag is Reverse Confetti and the sentiment is from Verve.

I made this tag/card  a while back, and at the time, wasn't sure if, how or when I would do a 'remake', as I've not cased myself before.  I thought about leaving it as is...and then the RC Flamingo arrived. Decision to re-make: done!  My 'new'card drew inspiration from the old in the following ways: embossed backgrounds, black/white on the tag, pink elements and, obviously, a repetition of the gold 'smiles' die cut.  Different, but similar.  And as I told you in my previous post: you'd be seeing the flamingo again, very soon. This is soon *grin*


The design team  - ErinDonnaJeanne, and Kara Lynne, along with our talented guest designer, Karren - have created some outstanding tags and I'd so love for you to visit over at the Tag You're It blog. Dazzle and delight 10000000% guaranteed. 

I hope my tag inspires you to design one, or more, of your own and come to play alongside us. Remember: the winner is invited to be the guest designer for the next challenge.

See you in the gallery!

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!
Hugs,


22 comments:

Carole said...

Well my friend..........here you go again.....full of ideas and inspiration. A fabulous re-make of your first brilliant tag. Pretty Flamingo seeing another bird-day (supposed to be a pun). certainly making us all smile...brilliant Carol. Have a safe and wonderful weekend. Hugs xx

I Card Everyone said...

Love that long-legged new friend of yours, c! Too cute not to make again, and again!
=]

Geri said...

Fabulous CASE of yourself! LOVE the embossed background and of course, totally love this bird! The golden smile looks great once again!

Have a blast visiting your family!

Donna said...

Lovely remake, Carol. That flamingo is just fabulous :)

Shelly said...

SUPER FAB!! Love your original card and CASE! Yay for hosting!
Happy Friday! Enjoy your family time! :)

Happy Dance said...

Great CASE of your original tag card my friend. I hope your family visit is as fun as mine was! Those kidlets really wore me out, lol! That flamingo is soooo sweet! Love how the black just accents everything, and that gold sentiment is the most perfect finishing touch for this. Great card, and I just love it! Bev

Jeanne said...

Fantastic work, Carol. Love the soft colors in the first card and the embossing in the background. The flamingo makes me smile. That's all there is to it! Thanks so much for sharing. Hope you have a fabulous weekend. :)

Karren said...

Two fabulous cards and it was a delight to use your inspiration to make my GD card. Love the colors with the pop of gold and the flamingo is just too cute!

Bobby said...

Love both cards, Carol, but for different reasons. Though they have the same design elements, the feel is totally different, the first being elegant and classic and the second bright and whimsical. Great job, my friend.

Anita in France said...

Cool case, Carol ... so much glorious white (and texture-y) space ... that fabulous flamingo really pops against it! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Anita :)

Monika Reeck said...

both are with great color combo
pink blac and gold
wooow I love this combo Miss C
cant write much cause internet sometimes DOWN and I cant send any comment
now before it is down again I send this comment
Love them both
hugs
Monika

Shona Chambers said...

How funny to CASE yourself, don't think I've done that yet?? Would be quite fun to do. You did a fantastic job and your right, the flamingo was the perfect addition. I feel we may see alot of 'Pinkie' over the next few weeks, which I think is pretty awesome, she's very cute.....

Marybeth said...

I love them both Carol! Congrats your first tag is a hit in my book ,look even you cased this tag adorably with the flamingo card! the smile word die is great on both tags! Hope you have a wonderful Sunday !

SewPaperPaint said...

Love this card with the flamingo! The gold is a perfect touch!

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on your Guest Designer spot, Carol! Two fabulous tag/cards...I love how you used your multifaceted die for the stars on the first one, and how you placed your Flamingo on the 2nd one! Great job CASEing yourself...I'm really impressed!

anja curvers said...

Wow such an awesome remake loved your tag but your remake is great too.

Marisa said...

Great tag shape and that flamingo is just too fun. Just read you guys started a week before we do! Kids don't go back until after Labour Day here.

Greta said...

Super pretty, Carol! I'm sure you've had a wonderful time with your family!

Kara Lynne said...

Carol, thank you so much for the great tag/card to CASE! I really love all of the texture and your colors. Your CASE is a darling rendition of your first card, I love that flamingo and the polka dotted wing!

Petra Swart said...

What a wonderful CASE of your card, Carol!!!! Both are just wonderful!!! I really like the beautiful tag on the re-make and that flamingo looks stunning once again!!! Lovely!!!!

Taunya Butler said...

AMAZING and again - SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! What a great CASE you did on your own card and so awesome!!!

Kylie said...

Lovely cards - great CASE of yourself too. lol So fun! Hope you had a very happy time with the family.