Monday, May 18, 2015

You are AMAZING...Guest Designer~Stamplorations Bi-Weekly Sketch Challenge #34, STAMPlorations Anything Goes, TIME OUT Challenge #31~Grunge

Good  Monday Morning, All...and what a fabulous Monday it is here in Canada. DAY OFF!

Actually, while a holiday is a very good thing, I'm exponentially stoked, excited and honoured even more to be Guest Designing for STAMPlorations! THANK YOU so much, Shery and the DT for inviting me to play along with  you in this challenge


This two weeks' STAMPlorations Bi-Weekly Sketch Challenge #34 is fabulous (and challenging!) - and I must say, I did some major happy dancing when I saw it.  Butterflies...not one, but four!  Another *thank you* to Shery!


My take on the sketch is ‘quite’ literal, although I didn’t get the scalloped edges as illustrated on the first border as I’d hoped…my masking needs practice!  Everything, except for the butterfly die cuts (I am soooo terrible at fussy cutting) is STAMPlorations, with the Mixed Media Grunge set taking top billing (including the stamping on the butterflies) and Bold Sentiments: Hashtag Authentic as supporting cast.  


Please head on over (or, if you've already been, thank you for coming my way) to see how the amazing STAMPlorations team has interpreted this sketch.  One thing guaranteed: you'll be ultra impressed!  I'm off to see for myself...come along with me...and we'll leave them some love as we journey, too.

I'm also sharing my card at STAMPlorations Anything Goes


and TIME OUT Challenges #31~Grunge (can you believe it...early!  After missing out on two last time, I've learned my lesson. Sort of *grin*)

I'm looking forward to your takes on this ultra-cool sketch.  See you in the gallery!

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!
Hugs,




22 comments:

Marlene Bonetti said...

Great card, Carol! And congrats to be a GD! :-)

Becca Cruger said...

Carol this is SOOO grungy and fabulously cool! Looks like great minds think alike this week. ;)

Julie B said...

Fab card Carol, love your grungy background and the little flutterbies are gorgeous.
So pleased to have you as GD for this sketch. :)

Kim M said...

Awesome card, Carol! Congrats on your GD spot! Love the grunge stamps you used. Turned out fabulous! :-)

Sheri Gilson said...

WOW! Love the fab grungy/distressed design! Big congrats on your GD spot...they are very lucky to have you!

sandie said...

Hold on, I need to sit down, your TO card is not only not on the deadline but out before the reminder!! And how happy we are to see it and grunge perfection, you did this with style and all Shery's stamp used superbly. Congrats on the GD and thanks for joining TO

LauraJane:) said...

Blue butterflies make your grunge card Beautiful:)

I Card Everyone said...

Whoa... wait... grunge and beautiful butterflies on the same card? They are fantastic together... who knew??? YOU, that's who!!
=] Michele

Lee-Anne said...

Congrats on your GD spot...this is absolutely fabulous! Awesome grunge and totally gorgeous!

Brenda said...

Look at you Carol, you are making it around with being a GD!!! I'm so happy for you and your card? FABULOUS!! Love your take on the sketch and love how you made this card a grunge card, it is amazing just like you! Happy Holiday!!! Hugs, Brenda

shirley-bee said...

Congrats on the GD spot, Carol! Love your CAS grunge card - the border looks fabulous in black and white - shows off the blue butterflies so well.

Joyce said...

Fantastic card. I love how you did your border and also grunged everything up. Congratulations on being a Guest Designer--they are lucky to have you.

Greta said...

Wonderful stamping, Carol--great card!

Kylie said...

Yay for being a GD! Your card is super fantastic. I'm loving those grunge stamps you've used. They look fantastic with the blue butterflies.

Monika Reeck said...

Stunning background you made Miss C and oh I love always your butterfly card
this also the color combo is perfect for the sketch
Great GDT card and congrats miss C
hugs
Monika

Beverley said...

I have to say your card says it all - YOU are amazing and you knocked the grunge theme out the ball park :) Thanks for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Cool and grungy - you do that so well!

Anita in France said...

Congratulations on your GD spot, Carol! Fabulous and perfectly grungey card ... cool with the borders and soft and delicate with those lovely butterflies ... brilliant! Delighted to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

Marisa said...

Love how you used the sketch. Great card :)

Sari / Granne said...

Your card is stunning, love the black and blue together and then butterflyes to soften the card.

Anonymous said...

Great work! Thank you for playing with us at Time Out.

Wei Wei said...

Very elegant card, Carol! Love your Grunge background and the combination of colors! So pleased to have you as GD.