Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Grateful For You - Guest Designing at Butterfly Challenge #17, CAS on Sunday #44: Emboss It

Hello, hello...

Back in February (doesn't that seem so long ago?), a challenge that is right up my alley appeared - The Butterfly Challenge - hostessed by the charming, creative, inviting and welcoming Mrs. A (aka Valeryanne). She started us off slowly, with butterflies and flowers, and over the course of the past few months, she's sparked us to explore the beauty of butterflies in so many different dimensions: butterflies with buttons and bows, butterflies in specific colours, butterflies with stitching, butterflies with glitter and glamour....Happy sighhhh.  Butterflies. I love love love butterflies and strolling back through Mrs. A's challenges has me swooning...I miss my butterflies!

Not too long ago, much to my absolute glee, I won one of Mrs. A's challenges and, in so doing, received a guest designer spot on the challenge beginning today:  Butterfly Challenge #17: Embossing  Your Butterfly(ies)  You can easily imagine how excited I was to bring out my beloved butterflies to play...

My card features butterflies embossed with sentiments from a fall sentiment stamp, then sponged with autumn colours; leaves with wings, flitting and fluttering... For the first time, I gave embossing paste a go, adding two butterflies from the negative die cut of my small green one.  The embossing paste...oh my! Fabulous...


How good it felt to play with butterflies once again; plans for some Christmas-themed ones are already beginning to ping. *grin*

I invite you to check out Mrs. A's wonderful challenge to see what she, and others, have designed. It may be fall, weather-wise, for many of us, but butterflies...they're all-season and timeless.  Bring out your butterflies, emboss them in some fashion, then share your pretty inspiration in the gallery! Looking forward to seeing your creativity!

I'm also entering CAS on Sunday Challenge #44: Emboss It.

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!

18 comments:

~amy~ said...

Yay! Love your butterfly card. Awesome embossing paste addition! gorgeous colors!

Susanne Vargas said...

So glad, you tried out Embossing paste and are falling in love with it! This is a fantastic card and I love everything about it - the word-embossed and beautifully sponged butterflies, the embossing pasted ones on the stitched mat with the perfect greeting! Swoon!

Sian Ridley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sian Ridley said...

Oh darling, this is another stunner!!

Congratulations on your GD spot - well deserved :) Am I so glad to see some butterflies too - it's not the time of year for them but I hope you'll carry on with them all through the winter!

anja curvers said...

Wow great use of the embossing love your card. Thank you for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

Mrs A. said...

Thank you so much Carol for being my guest designer. I love your butterflies done with the embossing paste. This is a beautiful CAS card . I'm so pleased your enjoying the challenges. Hugs Mrs A. (butterfly challenge).

Deepti said...

This is fabulous :) congrats on the GD. I love how u text embossed and inked the butterflies, such a cool idea !

Marisa said...

You know my shared love of butterflies so this card has me smiling :) Especially love the fall colours and great idea to emboss sentiments on them. Fabulous card!

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on your well deserved win and on your Guest DT spot! I absolutely LOVE this card, Carol! Beautiful fall colors and I love how you used embossing paste for the small butterflies...so sweet!
Off to check out the challenge :)

Betty said...

congrats on the DT spot - and a beautiful card - love all the embossing and wonderful colors!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my goodness what a beautiful card and congrats on the DT! Such a fantastic use of the embossing paste Carol!

Greta said...

Congrats on your win, Carol--you're the perfect GDT for Mrs. A's challenge! I always mean to play but haven't yet. Maybe it's time?! Your card is wonderful & your embossing paste butterflies are perfect--how did you do that your first try?! Hugs, Greta

Dana said...

You do rock the butterflies!! The orange butterflies are gorgeous!! And the embossed ones.... Perfect!! Embossing paste is super fun!!

Kylie said...

Congratulations, Ms C! You are a natural choice for this challenge as your butterfly cards are always so wonderful. These gorgeous little darlings are no exception. I am loving the colours and the embossing paste flowers are perfect!

Brenda said...

Congrats Carol! You are a great choice for being Guest Designer over at Mrs. A's!! I love, love your butterfly card!!! Butterflies are a fav of mine too, and I love how you made your butterflies look like leaves fluttering around, brilliant my friend! The embossing looks fabulous and I love the fall words on them. I also love your embossing paste butterflies. Isn't embossing paste so much fun?!!! I have some stencils but haven't played a lot with the paste, but what I did was so fun and fabulous. Oh yes, I am so loving this card for sure. And you know I'm pinning don't you?! lo Hugs, Brenda

Monika Reeck said...

CONGRATS CAROL
you are a queen of butterfly cards
and I adore the white words on your butterfly
STUNNING butterfly you always made and this is too...I ADORE YOUR BUTTERFLY card all..all MISS C
big hugs, Monika

MaryH said...

Hi Carol, Just saw this lovely embossed butterfly card over at Mrs A's, and big congrats on your win, as well as your GD task. You rocked the embossing theme totally with this card - with the words on the wings as well as the embossed butterflies on the card base ...it's grand. TFS

Unknown said...

Well, Carol, there you go! I finally have time between making cards, sleeping, and that one minute before midnight to catch up on all your blog posts. Of course you would find a way to make solids die cuts of butterflies more interesting. I always had trouble using them because I thought they looked lame, but then I never imagined embossing them :-) I also love your color choices – I wouldn't have thought of using something like this, but once again you just make it look stunning.