Wednesday, June 25, 2014

You are Wonderful...Fusion (teaming up wiht CAS(E) this Sketch), NBUS Challenge #1: Celebration

Wednesday already, and I am so counting down the *hours* until I am done with entering data about student grades!  Staring non-stop at the computer screen is taking its toll on my eyeballs (and mind!) with this task.  Staring non-stop at the computer screen gazing and admiring the stunning, gorgeous, innovative and inspiring cards made by all of you amazing designers does NOT take a toll on either my mind or eyes, however *grin*.  Wide-eyed wonder, paired with 'pings' ignited  is much better for my well-being, indeed!

Before I head off to work, I have two cards to share. Recently, one of the most incredible Education Assistants I've ever had the honour of working with, announced her retirement.  While I'm over-joyed that she's decided to spend time doing 'as she pleases,' I'm sad, too.  Marion is a ray of sunshine at our school; she's gentle, soft-spoken, thoughtful and all-around compassionate.  She touches lives in the most positive of ways.  I will miss her warm  morning "Hello Carol" greetings; our conversations about her grand-daughter who she loves with all her heart; her attentive listening to my stories about Ms T and Mr. C.  As for the students she works with: oh my, they will feel her absence next year, as will the entire staff.  Marion has made her impression on all our hearts.  We love her.

Fusion, teaming up with CAS(E) this Sketch #81, provided precisely the inspiration I needed to create a card - or rather two - for Marion.

As I also used several new purchases on both cards, which include new butterfly dies (surprise!!), and new stencil, I'm heading to the fabulous Darnell's NBUS Challenge #1: Celebration


Card #1, heading to the Fusion/CAS(E) this Sketch duo, resembles this one from my Inkspirational Challenge post. (Whoa...I cased myself!!)  I used a script stamp for the background, striped stamp for the top tag, a new butterfly, and a sentiment "opening" from Neat and Tangled.  Inside, if I decide to give her this particular card,  my message will be: you are incredible.  The card, while pretty, does seem a smidge 'blah' - some black little sparkles would elevate its impact, however, having none in my stash of the proper size, it will have to go without.  Maybe, between now and Friday, I'll find something, though...


Card #2 (Fusion only) features my first 'public' showing of my stenciling attempts, along with two more new butterflies...


NOTE:  Honoured and delighted that Katie selected this card to receive a Fusion Honourable Mention! THANK YOU soooo much!!

Here they are, together.


I'm thinking I'll give her both cards; one for her, the other as a 'gift'.  I hope she likes them; I hope she knows the depth of how remarkable I think she is...

Off to work shortly the data is waiting my attention....

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!

22 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Both of these are so beautifully done! Just stunning!

Anonymous said...

Carol...you are amazing! Both of your cards are about as stunning as they can get. I love your use of gold, such a fabulous way to share how you feel about someone. You sound like you have been very busy and happy to see that you still have time to be creative and brighten our lives with your wonderful creations. I love them both. Sorry to be so far behind in commenting, my plan today is to get as caught up as I can. So I am off to see what else you have been making. Enjoy your week!

Irish Cherokee said...

Wonderful Carol. That last photo really shows off the gold in both cards. Stunning on both cards.

Darnell said...

These are both quite stunning, Carol, with nothing missing! You wrote a beautiful tribute to Marion and if you write those words in her card, she will definitely know the depth of your feelings! It is very evident in your heartfelt words. What a blessing to have been able to work with her and know her!

Thank you so much for linking again with my NBUS Challenge! Enjoy the day! Hugs, Darnell

Deepti said...

These are so pretty, I love the gold stenciling, and the gold stripes on ur first card :) thank you for sharing these beauties at Fusion!

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful designs on both of your pretty cards Carol! love the backgrounds on each - both stamped and stencilled (nicely done!) - and the wonderful gold in the butterflies and tag - thanks for joining us at the Fusion challenge this week!

Brenda said...

Oh my Carol, these two cards are amazing!! I so love the color combo and papers! Those tags are awesome, I really love them. I am loving the butterfly dies too and can't wait to use mine. Loving that stencil and your sentiments are just perfect for these cards. I know how it feels to lose someone whom you look up to so much to retirement. I did reading with students and the woman who oversaw me did reading interventions-anyway when she retired I was almost in a panic because I know how she did things, how she worked with the students, etc...and I was afraid of what school life was going to be after she was gone. I loved her so much. But the guy that filled her shoes was just as amazing! I was so lucky to work with so many lovely people who were so concerned about our students and did all they could to help them. Schools are really a great place to work. I miss all my staff members and teachers-but the retired ones still all get together to make cards and go out for lunch from time to time and I'm very lucky that I am always included in their group. But most of all, I really miss the students. They were awesome and I always wanted to take them all home with me, and I would have if I could have! lol Hugs, Brenda

Anita in France said...

Show Marion your blog post, Carol ... she'll have no doubts about how remarkable you think she is ... she sounds a delight! Your cards for her are so beautiful ... I love white and gold together and you've used them to perfection here ... stunning! Hugs, Anita :)

Geri said...

Marion seems to be one of those special people who we are fortunate to have enter our lives! She sounds like such a kind soul. It is no wonder that she is loved so dearly by both staff & students :) Your two gorgeous cards will definitely warm her heart and I'm sure she will appreciate that they were made specifically for her by your hands, from your heart.

As for the cards - two stunning creations! Honestly, I don't think the first card needs any bits of this & that - the simplicity of the elements are what make this design ooooooze elegance!

Wowzers on your stenciling! Beautifully shaded without a blob of ink to be seen! These butterflies really are gorgeous!

Two more amazing 'golden' creations Carol!

Marisa said...

Adore those butterflies!! Great take on the inspiration photo and well done with the stenciling. Have yet to give that a go. Yeah for report cards almost being done too!! Think a little "stamping order treat" is in the cards to celebrate when they are finished wink, wink. May be doing a PTI order here shortly so let me know if you are still interested.

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards that I know Marion will love. Your first attempt at stenciling is incredible ... looks like you've been doing this for a long time --- perfection! :) Loll xx

Happy Dance said...

First place, and first place. Done. Period. Two wonderful, your-heart-in-them cards. Marion sounds like a fine human being - and I've known some people who have forgotten how to be human! How blessed you have been to have worked with her. And she with you too. I'm sure you'll stay in touch with her...you're just that kind of sweet person. Bev

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are both gorgeous!

Kim S said...

The gold makes it elegant and special, while the butterflies keep it fun - perfect for a retirement! Your stenciling is wonderful - I so love the look of a pattern that fades - it's so soft!

~amy~ said...

Retirement...I can't wait to retire:) Your friend will love them both! Love the pops of gold!

Kay Miller said...

Carol + Butterflies + Gorgeousness!! Yes that's the perfect equation!! haha! LOVE these lovely golden beauties!! And arranged so beautifully on those pretty backgrounds! I love your stenciling attempt!!

Dana said...

What!! Blah?!?! No way!! Both cards are gorgeous!! I love all the gold! And your stenciling!! !YAY its amazing and accents the butterflies wonderfully!!!

Greta said...

Totally beautiful cards, Carol! I know your friend will treasure them! So hard when "the good" people at work leave!

Monika Reeck said...

oooh dear I love the butterfly in GOLD soooo sweeettttt I have to try it..this is really adorable I am sure the one who get your card will smile and be so happy to have this beauty in her hand...I wish I am the lucky one who get your Gold butterfly card Carol...as you know I am crazy for butterfly too...Big hugs from Munich, Monika

wienerhoneymooners said...

Miss C, just delectable and amazing!!!!

Unknown said...

Major swooning again. Oh, I love both of these SO much. The colours are amazing and everything is so very crisp and clean and so very sophisticated. Simply gorgeous xxx

Shannon J said...

Blah...did you say the first card was BLAH?!! I think you're right, all the time on the computer is *really* affecting your eye sight!! It's gorgeous, and so is card #2...YES on the fusion h.m....but I'm calling it a WINNER!!! It will be sad to see Marion go, I'm sure, but you, my sweet friend will keep the rays of sunshine beaming throughout the school!! xo