Saturday, April 12, 2014

Beautiful Blooms Birthday (x 2)...Uniko Studio Challenge #8: Hello Spring, Time Out Challenge #3, The Pink Elephant #245, Muse #62, The Poppy Sketch #1

Saturday evening, and in just a short while, I'll be tackling my pizza prep tasks. Fresh dough and tomato sauce made this morning (my 'main' contributions), with some pepperoni, mushrooms and cheese waiting their respective slicing and shredding. Once that's done, my husband takes over to perform the magic. I can't remember when last we had home-made pizza night - before our road trip, or even longer. We are soooo due!

We  had a wintry day; snowy this morning, and now, windy, cloudy and cool. Perfect day for staying inside, except for quick jaunts to the local library (had to snoop the book sale), the 'new' grocery story (rebranded from a Sobey's to a Save-On-Foods - remarkably the same, but given it was a three day turnover, that's to be expected.  Good thing 'green' is the common colour for both companies...), and the old grocery story (prices much better, just sayin').  Before and after, we know what I was doing; my husband was in his 'craft zone', tinkering away on various bikes in his fleet. He's aiming to ride tomorrow, so hopefully the weather will cooperate.  Speaking of wishing for warmer weather...my sister and her husband are heading to Hawaii tomorrow morning, for two wondrous weeks.  Despite my best efforts at begging and whining, apparently I am not going with them...sighhh... Oh well, given that I'm not much for air travel, perhaps it's for the best. Still, Hawaii in spring - beautiful.  Wait, Hawaii any time - beautiful!!

Because so many of us are caught up in the land of "busy", I'll share two cards this post, both featuring my new Uniko Beautiful Blooms stamps and dies (I. am. in . love!), and "maybe' a wee butterfly (also a love object!).

First card is heading to Uniko Studio Challenge #8: Hello Spring, where we were invited to use one, some or all of the following beautiful colours:


My card features two colours - soft blue and green. I didn't have matching patterned paper for my frame, so I inked up the Beautiful Bloom stamp to make my own. Since it's a birthday card, I'm also entering it into the new TIME OUT Challenge #3 (without the masculine twist).  

Here's #1:

Stop with one card using those gorgeous blooms? No way! My next card - also heading to Time Out #3, as well as The Pink Elephant #245, with this photo as inspiration (isn't the music notes chair the perfect background for this stunning bouquet?) 

Muse #62, where Vicki's beautiful card - shown below -  also sparked ideas. Isn't hers simply amazinb!!

My layout, somewhat similar to my first card, but with some added features, was drawn from The Poppy Sketch #1, by the oh-so-talented Laura Davis.  
You'll see I switched up the banner for a butterfly, and used a scalloped frame, with an 'under-skirt layer' for the main panel. I came as close as I could with the colours, sooooo, fingers crossed I've met the requirements.

Here's #2: 

NOTE:  So honoured and grateful that this card was selected as an "unforgettable" at The Pink Elephant. THANK YOU!!

That's all for now...off to pizza prep!

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!












34 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

All three of these cards are beautiful. There is no way I can say I like one over the other. Fantastic job on all three.

Michelle said...

Beautiful cards! You did a wonderful job creating those flowers.
Your pizza sounds wonderful! Yum! I can't remember the last time I had homemade Pizza.

Shannon J said...

Okay, these two just shot to the top of my all time fave list (and that's saying A LOT!!!). They are nothing short of stunning. Breathtaking. Heart stopping. FABULOUS!!! I am blown away my friend!! Still trying to close my mouth!!! While it's open though, might have to come over for a bite of that pizza!!!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous flowers and fabulously used times two :)

Kylie said...

*Swoon* And yay, soooo good getting a fix of C's creations!

Monika Reeck said...

Dear Carol wooowww you are a busy Bee hihi (Smile) love the second one with those red roses and the first one with the idea of the frame and the third one too...your card are adorable and looks elegant I love all...I wish I get one in my home post...would you like to exchange Handmade card with me dear Carol...I wish you could...big hugs and happy sunday...

~amy~ said...

Lovely floral Cards! The frames are wonderful! Really love how you were inspired by Poppy Sketches!

Dana said...

Wow, both cards are gorgeous!! Those flowers are just awesome!! I love your take on the sketch!!

Ardyth said...

These are beautiful! So glad you could join us at Muse this week, Carol!

Laura Davis said...

Oh wow such beautiful work!! I tend to favor anything floral but these are real beauties! Thank you for playing at Poppy Sketches!
Laura

Anita in France said...

Well, these are simply beautiful, Carol ... clever use of stamping on the first frame and I adore how you used the blues and greens! The second with that musical notes frame and sweet butterfly is just lovely! Anita :)

sandie said...

I do love how you have stamped the frames and these are fab blooms, one for my list!! So glad you joined us again this week at TIME OUT and I hope the pizza was yummy xx

Mac Mable said...

How clever are you to combine all the challenges? Absolutely adore the first one with the gorgeous colours, the layout and gorgeous background stamping. x Beverley x

Ren-Yi said...

Oh my! i love how you used the Beautiful Blooms two ways! loving both color combos and the details! Thanks for playing along with us at Uniko Studio.

Unknown said...

Wow, Carol - these are GORGEOUS!!!!! I adore the layout of your cards with the gorgeous frames. I especially love the music notes frame. Oh, you are making me so jealous with that Beautiful Blooms set - it's one I don't own yet but you are making me put it on my wish list!!! Hope the pizza was a success xxxx

Lisa Petrella said...

Beautiful cards! I especially LOVE the sheet music frame with those gorgeous florals and sweet butterfly! Hope the pizza was yummy!

Kay Miller said...

One word, two syllables... STUN...NING! Wow! Carol both of these cards are soooooo pretty! I love the frames and the way you clustered the beautiful flowers and leaves! Oh I'm inspired to pull out my flower stamps!! I even think I have these exact ones. You know you buy way too many stamps when you're not sure whether you have them or not! haha! Hope that pizza was tasty! :)

Brenda said...

I make pizza too and the family loves it. It is even better done on the grill. But it is hot doing it on the grill. lol I'm glad I'm not living in your neck of the woods because I am so over snow!! lol We got in the 80's for the first time today, it is glorious! Sorry, didn't mean to rub it in. Trust me Hawaii isn't all that it is cracked up to be, but I know it is much better than the snow. I don't like air travel either or travel over the ocean. lol Yes, I'm a big chicken. Now OMGosh, I am loving your cards and so jealous of those beautiful flowers!! Love the way you used the MCT products and love the colors that you used. Yep, your cards are just stunning and yep, I'm still jealous. lol Hugs

Happy Dance said...

Mmmm....pizza. Love it, especially homemade pizza! Maybe someday, I'll drive up for a slice! Your cards are gorgeous. Seriously gorgeous. Those flowers and leaves are just beautiful. And darn, darn clever of you to make your own dp with the stamp. I'm calling winner, winner here! Have a great week, and a Blessed Easter. Bev

Susanne Vargas said...

Fabulous cards, both of them! Hope you enjoyed your pizza! I prefer homemade one to delivered one any time!

Beverley said...

Wow, wow, WOW! Love both these cards Carol. You have showcased the Beautiful Blooms I stamp set & dies perfectly. I adore the frames too and the colours and placement are beautiful. Firstly thank you for joining in on the Uniko Studio challenge & secondly for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge there too. Hugs Bev x

Emily Keaton said...

Your pair of creations is so lovely and refreshing! You've truly been inspired by those wonderful photos, taking the best of each and rolling them up into your own unique creations. Fantastic work!

BTW, every Friday night is homemade pizza night at our house. Homemade pizza rocks!! Hubby has been perfecting his dough making and stretching (plus stone-baking) skills for 17 years now, and we *love* the fruits of his labor. I'm in charge of making the homemade pizza sauce, but DH is the one that makes all the magic happen. I hope you enjoyed pizza night at your house--and that the next one happens in shorter order than your last one!!!!

Geri said...

Two botanical beauties, one boasting blooms in beautiful blues while the other border beckons with blissful bits of blushing pinks!

Okay, now my brain hurts from trying to come up with words starting with "b"!

The music note frame - WOW - perfectly captures the shape of the chair back and the notes! Love the tangerine butterfly!

Gorgeous designs, meticulous and flawless execution, beautiful colors....all add up to some pretty dang AMAZING work dear friend!

You absolutely nailed...no, make that hammered the challenges! These pretties will be earning some mighty high scores from the DT teams!

Nicki S said...

Love this! So so pretty, and that frame is just too perfect! Love it! Thank for playing along at Uniko Studio! :-)

Marlena M. said...

Number one AND two are beautiful Carol~I love your choice of colors and layouts. Aaahhh, Hawaii....that's my home state. ;) I could use a bit of that now too! ;)

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Carol! You have turned into the best cardmaker--wowzer! I totally adore your new flowers & dies--don't know if I'll be able to resist getting them. Bet that pizza was delish!

Mac Mable said...

Congratulations on getting an unforgettable Mention at Pink Elephant. Beautiful card...just love it x Beverley x

Unknown said...

Beautiful!!! You rocked these designs girl! HUGS!!!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

CAROL, you are finding your groove, all of your cards are amazing!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my friend I am so far behind on commenting. That flower and your cards are just stunning Carol. Off to check out your other posts!

Kylie said...

Was just coming back to this post to say how much I still love these designs and find you were awarded an "Unforgettable" by The Pink Elephant - I concur! These are unforgettable cards!! Congratulations!

Kim Heggins said...

What a stunning and gorgeous pair of cards...so much beautiful detail! I love, love your sweet flowers and the colors are so sweet and your photo frames too, just perfect my friend!

Kim Heggins said...

oops...forgot to wish you and your family a very blessed Easter.

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

2 fabulously floral cards, both completely gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing at Time Out :)