Friday, August 23, 2013

Big Top Fun...Curtain Call: Carnival Craze and Unscripted Sketches #69

Procrastinating, at least as far as tackling household tasks are concerned, is flourishing well!  I did, however, escape from my rather over-zealous card-making (as you'll see in the next short while!) activities - all because I have new stuff that must + has to + needs to be used. As in now. Immediately. - to do laundry, rearrange some of my crafting stuff (more containers required!), buy groceries and even stop at the local Rocky Mountain Soap Company shop to pick up a toxin-free new body mist, Blossom Berry.  FREE! Plus, they promised a 'worry-free' day as part of the promo, so hey, why not! Love free stuff and not worrying seems like a good plan, too!!

Anyway, I have a stack of cards ready to post, and I'd best get cracking on doing so, before I forget which belongs to which challenge.  Today, I'm sharing my Curtain Call: Carnival Craze inspired images,


 paired with this week's Unscripted Sketches #69.


Alas, my collection lacks 'real' circus/carnival themedl stamps, so the next best thing: The Alley Way Stamps freebie circus tent.  Add some ticket stamps&dies from My Creative Time, along with a banner from the same line and a sentiment from TAWS and...done!

The bottom tickets are attached with a brad, to fold up for sending. My tent colouring needs some polishing; more practice is in order...and I'm all good with that!!  Dusting and vacuuming? Those can wait...maybe..

Thanks for dropping by; please let me know you did! Your comments brighten my day!

NOTE: So honoured and delighted that my card was selected for the Creation Blvd showcase over at TAWS! Thank you, Alison!!

10 comments:

~amy~ said...

super fun, love the tent, the tickets and the banner!

Kylie said...

I love that sketch! Might have to play along. :) Think your card is fantastic - great colours, lovely design. Oh I think I have some of that patterned paper too - isn't it cute?! Love how you've done the greeting - super fun idea!

You are so creative, Carol! Love seeing all your designs.

Greta said...

Just too cute, Carol! Hey, when the chore-elves finally show up, send 'em on down my way! Good thing our hubby's don't know each other--they might gang up on us about the laundry not done, dust piled up--I won't go on!

Shannon J said...

If this card is a sign of what else is to come I.can.NOT.wait!!! This is so awesome!!! I would not have even thought of going to find a freebie - you are so resourceful! Fun and fabulous my friend! Hope you also enjoyed your worry free day and your free mist!! :)

Unknown said...

Thats a beautiful card! Love the colors and the tickets! And the freebie tent is AMAZING! Way to go with resourcefulness and creativity. Looking forward to seeing what else you make!

Stacey Schafer said...

how darling!

Geri said...

Hey, hey, hey there girlfriend! A big WHOO-HOO on the shout-out over at the TAWS sight. Finally had time to peek at some of my e-mails....I sure missed a whole whack of awesome creations....this card is definitely included in that group! Love how you improvised with what you had to create this great circus theme - clever & resourceful...you're the girl :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute card. Love the images, especially the tickets. Thank you for joining us at The Curtain Call.

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Challenge!

Kim S said...

I love the scene that you have created! The banner background, the fun tickets, the bright colors!! I am so glad you are playing along at Curtain Call!!