Friday, March 22, 2013

Thinking of You...The Paper Players #137

The Sketch from The Paper Players Challenge #137 this week is wonderful, yet it took three 'takes' before I made one I was willing to share.  The not-selected cards are kinda-sorta cute, but didn't have the 'look' I was aiming for.  They'll have their 'limelight' opportunity in another post, non-challenge connected.

Speaking of looks...my poor card wasn't done in time to take advantage of decent lighting for its photo op.  For some reason (wait...there is a reason: my photography skills are lame!), my cream cardstock has a pinky hue, and I don't know how to tinker with the 'colour' options well enough to change that.  The 'in person' visual is much prettier.

Again, the field of entries is sheer delight, filled with all manner of creative takes on the 'cas' sketch.  In the mdist of all the prettiness, is my humble little entry, with its butterflies, flower and simple sentiment. 

Here's the sketch:

and here's my take...

Thanks for dropping by!  Warm wishes for a wonderful first weekend of 'Spring'...

3 comments:

Kim S said...

I think it's beautiful! The butterflies are so sweet and stand out perfectly - I especially love the embossed border.

You had asked about the online class - you can actually join in any time. In fact, they have lots of old classes that you can take also. If you take them while they are actually running - they are a little pricier and you get the fun of playing along in the gallery with all of the other students. If you take them later, you still get all of the videos and instructions, it's a little cheaper - but you are on your own. Today is the last day of the Pattern Play class - but it's open until Monday for the gallery and prizes!! Just check out all of the offerings at http://www.onlinecardclasses.com/

Amy O said...

How pretty! I love the butterflies, and the embossed detail at the top adds pretty texture. Thanks for playing along with us at the Paper Players this week!

Shannon J said...

Okay, I think this is my FAVOURITE card of yours yet! Oh Carol, it is gorgeous! The two butterflies, one decorated with a baby pearl, and both showcasing the perfect paper choices amongst that sweet daisy - eeek!! As if that wasn't enough - you completed it beautifully with embossed branch with just a hint of colouring! Gasp! So pretty!!!